Microsoft might replace the Zune music brand with Xbox Live brand
Online sources say that Microsoft is in talks with music labels to change the branding of their Zune music service to Xbox Live.
The new service might become more like Spotify in the future with this new branding.
The company is also said to be considering offering free trial pack with new computers sold in the relevant markets.
We are likely to see better integration of this platform in their upcoming Windows 8 operating system as well.
Zune is already part of their Windows Phone platform considering the Zune hardware line has been discontinued completely.
- key specs
- reviews • 133
- TypeAudio / video player
- Media typeInternal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Audio playback timeup to 33 hours
- Video playback timeup to 8.5 hours
- Audio codec supportAAC, MP3, WMA
- Dimensions4.08 x 2.07 x 0.35 in
- Weight2.6 oz
- DiscontinuedMarch 14, 2011