Nintendo has revealed that the games for their newest gaming console Wii U would not be cheap.
In fact, they are planning to charge USD 60 for most of the new games that would be released for this new console.
Sony and Microsoft already charge this much for the games on their PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles. Nintendo is essentially just catching up with improved graphics on their Wii U console.
The company said:
The vast majority of Wii U software will be $59.99. From a first-party perspective. Third parties set their own pricing. There will be exceptions. Wii Fit U is not going to be a $59.99 product with the Balance Board, as an example. But certainly we believe that these games are big enough, robust enough, with enough demand to satisfy a $59.99 MSRP.
- key specs
- reviews • 8
- Game formatOptical disc, Downloadable
- Online featuresMultiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity8 GB
- Controller typeWireless
- Motion controlsAccelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputsComponent, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible1 generations
- ReleasedNovember 18, 2012