Sony is said to be in talks with several media companies to launch a television service that would work through the internet.
This could be used to deliver television programming directly to owners of their PlayStation 3 gaming console and other compatible devices.
The company has already hinted that they are working on a new generation televisions that would be have a differentiating factor.
They are not alone however trying to accomplish something like this. Microsoft and Google along with other players like Netflix are already offering or trying to offer something similar.
It would be hard for Sony to get media companies to cooperate as they would not be sure about the revenues generated through this new service platform.
- key specs
- reviews • 2
- Game formatOptical disc, Downloadable
- Online featuresMultiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity250 GB
- Controller typeWired, Wireless
- Motion controlsAccelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputsHDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- ReleasedSeptember 25, 2012